Monday, July 17, 2017

Pumping Up!

Image result for spiritually fit
I have been observing a special lady as she has found the determination and dedication to push herself and to push beyond comfortable limits to get herself in wonderful physical shape.  I admire that will power in her.  I look at me so out of shape and no will power to push my physical limits.....I KNOW that I am destroying my health with that lack of will power.  In fact, right now I struggle with doing my physical therapy exercises just to be able to walk across a floor without a limp and to keep my knee joint functioning...knowing if I can make myself do them, they will increase my mobility....even that doesn't seem to be motivation to push through the pain.  I don't know what it would take for me to get physically fit... Sometimes I fight being envious of her.... other times I just want to crawl in a cave and stay until I metamorphose into something similar to her......  
      This same beautiful lady threw out a challenge.  It was a picture of the Holy Bible with a caption "The ‎Bible doesn't need rewritten, it needs to be reread. Read your Bible."  Coming from her prompted me automatically to think of Spiritual muscle building.   You know that is what it takes to build our spiritual muscle.  We can't go to the gym and build our spirit.  We can't lift enough weight, run fast enough or far enough to build our spirit. HOWEVER we can build our spirit by  picking up the Word of God and hiding it in our heart. Daily. We can build our spirit by feeding on the Word of God. Daily. We can build our spirit by Hearing the Word of God and assembling with like minded believers. As often as we can. We can build our spirit by spending time communicating with the Heavenly Father who loves us so much that He is doing what it takes to shape our eternal being. Without ceasing. The Bible says, "Psa 119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." "Psa 119:28  My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word."
        I found myself thinking.  It takes as much determination and dedication to build our spirit as it does to become physically fit.  We have to push past the excuses.  We have to push through the distractions. We have to consume the right nutrition...the Word.... WE have to get the mindset that I am going to do what it takes to become spiritually fit  NO MATTER WHAT.  We have to be just as obsessed with growing our spirit as we would to get physically fit.  The word says: 2Cor 4:16-18  For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.  (17)  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;  (18)  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.  Job said, "(Job 19:25-27)  For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:  (26)  And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:  (27)  Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. We flex our Spiritual muscles when we abide in Him  If we don't...we are cut off .....Joh 15:4-7  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  (5)  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  (6)  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.  (7)  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
       Why is it that as humans we are so much more about the here and now and the physical than we are the forever and ever spirit? One day we are going to see God.  He will either welcome us in or say Depart, I never knew you....How much more should we desire to spend eternity with the Author and Finisher of our faith?  How much more should we desire to spend eternity with the Word that became flesh so that we might have eternal life?   How much more should we desire to spend eternity with the Bridegroom who beckons us to come?   

 I challenge you to think about, which is more important to spend our time on..... this shell of flesh that is going to die and decay  or the spirit man that is going to live eternally??  

No comments: