Sunday, December 6, 2020

Waves Crashing

 

Conviction..... like the waves crashing...sweeps over my soul.  

Luk 10:41-42  And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:  (42)  But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

 

Have you ever been slammed with the deep conviction that only the Holy Spirit can bring?  The kind of conviction that hits you in the gut and almost doubles you over from knowing how wrong you are in the presence of a Holy God?  I encountered one of those today.  Conviction for being a hypocrite.  Conviction for being a Martha in a Mary moment.  Conviction for honoring God with my lips but where does my heart and my actions lie?  Conviction for not seeking for the one I claim to want with all of my heart.

My lips say that I want to see God move, my lips say, pour out your Spirit Father, let us reach you and touch you and worship you. My lips say from the first word to the last amen, let it be all about you.  Yet my actions…. I had a moment, so let me catch up the work in the office,  I had a moment so let me…. I have a moment so let me check my messages,  I have a moment so let me fix this.  I have a moment…  

What if, the Spirit spoke to my heart, when you have a moment and you spend it on the One you are seeking?  The One you say you want with all of your heart?  What if when you have a moment  you begin to prepare your heart?  What if when you have a moment  you set aside all the responsibility of the moment and just worship at my feet and learn of me?  What if you have a moment and instead of squandering it on stuff that will always be in front of you, you give it to me?  What if???  Would our service begin differently?  Would our hearts already be at a place of receiving from the Father?  Would our Worship already be on our lips?  What if?

What if we would choose to be a Mary in a Martha world. 

(and let’s not even talk about the challenge of the sermon & the conviction of checking where our eyes  are focused the discouragement or the promise? )


No comments: