Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Big Brother





Image may contain: 1 person, child and outdoorEver since that phone call that rocked my world yet again, I have been thinking of the line in the kid’s song…. AND THEN THERE WAS ONE.  I don’t pretend to understand. 
Image may contain: 2 people, child and closeup
NINETEEN months ….JUST NINETEEN…. That is all that separated us.

Big Brother defined as the one who beats you up but doesn’t want anyone else to…

Big Brother, while the one who beat the tar out of you, was the one who fiercely defended you…..

Big Brother, the one who climbed being the second story man, while the little sister was the one who stayed on the floor for you to hand the bounty…..

No automatic alt text available.Big Brother, the one who didn’t want the pesky little sister around, but was a captive audience when you had the measles…the one who was in bed sick with the little sister reading, talking, and singing to help you pass the time away….. Or was it the chicken pox…. Or both.

Big Brother, He is the one who ganged up with you against the peskier little brother and convinced him that he was adopted because he belonged to the “milk man.”

Big brother, the one who when playing school, made the pesky little sister stay inside until she read your reader before she could come tag along....

Image may contain: one or more peopleBig brother…  the one who watched about and took care of everyone and everything…the one who at times I got so frustrated with and called Boss Hog. (In love of course ;0) )

Big brother…the one who shouldered much more than most know....

Big brother…. The one who I always thought would be there to do what you did...

Big brother…. Too stubborn for your own good....

Big brother…the one whose shoes I am left to fill, but don’t quite know how….

Big brother…. If I had known when we crossed paths coming and going at the door that Saturday morning…that would be my last moment to speak…. I would have stopped and listened better and said so much more.  I think perhaps we were both wrapped up in functioning, both with our own physical ailments, mine a horrible headache…. Now I know that yours was so much more serious…..

Big Brother… if I had only known, I would have listened better as you talked about mom’s farm and dealings…. You told me everything I needed to know to get my footing if I would have paid better attention, but I was wrapped up in what I did and dilemma’s you didn’t want to listen to …..

Big brother…. Little brother…. I didn’t ever dream I would be the last one standing….. I was the wimpiest of us three…. So unreal… so very, very unreal.  I keep thinking someone will pinch me and I will wake up.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Allen Foster, people smiling, people sittingBut God…. My faith phrase…. But God…. And only Him will I be able to half-way fill your shoes and make sure all is well with the farm, (that farm was your joy, your baby)  and with mom’s needs.  But God. 

Isa 24:15  Wherefore glorify ye the LORD in the fires….

2Co 1:3-5  Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;  (4)  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.  (5)  For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

Love You Glen Allen Foster.  September 22, 1958-November 5, 2018


No comments: