Monday, July 29, 2019

Aloneness….. & God’s Goodness

There are days and moments of time, that how alone I am in the world now that my brothers are gone really hits like a ton of bricks. Today was one of those. BUT GOD. This is a testimony of HIS goodness, not my distress.

The morning began with downpour when mom needed to get in the car to go for an appt. I began praying, (selfish prayer because I didn't want to get wet strapping the scooter down) that there would be a break in the rain while we loaded the car. THE RAIN LET UP. God thing # 1.

Half-way to Ellington, the car overheated complete with steam boiling out from under the hood.... After inspecting, knew I had to call for help. Mom can't get in just anyone's car...worry number 1. How to make appt on time or we can't get her medicines that are needed worry # 2. What to do with the car. Worry #3. Who to call for help...worry # 4. Breakdown in area with no cell service...worry #5. I began to pray. God, send someone along, God, give me wisdom what to do here and God let me have at least enough cell service to call Ted to see what I should do. God thing #2 cell service... I got out and hopelessly looked at the motor & steam, looked at my phone & had enough service to call Ted...which panned out useless, he was at spot he didn't have service. Then who to call while God was giving me bars of service???? Cars passing by not even slowing down, didn't have much hope of help. The list of who to call didn't exist. There wasn't anyone I could think of who could come help that I had a number for. Allen would have been my 2nd choice. .. As panic began to settle in a truck slows down & pulls in behind me & a truck pulls in coming from the other way. God thing # 3 The one, when they figured out we needed help with mom being able to get home, drove to make calls WHERE THERE WAS CELL SERVICE. The other helped me to get enough fluid in and follow me into Ellington even though they were headed to work in the opposite direction.

Long story. I know. BUT a reminder. I AM NOT ALONE. God is with me and while HE doesn't always choose to show me in such a tangible way, HE IS THERE. The one thing in my aloneness I can count on in life is HIS GOODNESS.... especially in the storms. There are still other concerns to deal with... BUT GOD. I know I can rest in Him.

People.......that is a whole different story.

Psa 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (2) I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

No comments: